I'm not really sure how it's been two whole weeks since I last posted. It honestly feels like I only sat down to write my last Coffee Break a few days ago, and I just can't keep up with how fast the days are whizzing by. Even days in work are in work it feels like the day is gone in the blink of an eye and it's all just starting to feel a little overwhelming. My notebook is brimming with ideas for new posts, but finding the time to actually sit down and write them feels like an impossibility at the moment. I'm definitely ready for a break now, so let's hope Easter arrives just as quickly as February left. Until then, here are some of the things that I've been appreciating this last week or so.
001. It's my birthday! It's been a very quiet day, but I received some lovely gifts from Tom and have spent the day wandering around the market, napping on the sofa and eating more cake than I'd be prepared to admit to.
002. Seeing my parents. Despite only living an hour away, I haven't managed to find the time to see them since Christmas so it was really nice to meet up in Manchester for some lunch yesterday. We finally settled on Jamie's Italian and it was everything I hoped it'd be and more. Ordering Italian nachos was the simultaneously the best and worst decision I've ever made, but I won't be in a hurry to spend £12 on some souvenir napkins...
003. Daffodils. I grew up in Wales so aside from the fact that they make me feel incredibly patriotic, the sight of them always gets me excited for the arrival of spring. I'm definitely over winter now.
004. Work nights out. It might be because I spent so long working alone, but I really treasure sharing my 9-5 with people I enjoy spending time with. On Friday night we got so lost in conversation that we accidentally forgot to eat anything until we were all a bottle of red wine down. Oh well, it was deserved after working until 7pm. As I suppose was my very sore head the next day.
005. Little victories. I've been keeping a diary of little things that have been improving my days throughout February and it definitely makes the miserable, rainy commute and stressful work days a little more bearable. Granted it's mostly just what I had for my tea, but occasionally things like a Topshop voucher win at work also find their way on to the list.
006. New music discoveries. I've been stuck in a bit of a rut with music recently and I've just found myself listening to the same albums over and over again, but this week I seem to have found a lot aural gems. My favourite is currently Father John Misty's cover of Bird on a Wire.
007. Looking good. This week I managed to pick up this Dorothy Perkins shirt for 25% off, keep my hair braided all day and apply my lipstick perfectly.
008. Ridiculous justifications for poor food choices. This week I decided that since I'd only eaten half a bag of crisps at lunch time, I could eat the other half the next day and feel no guilt because they were technically part of yesterday's calorie allowance. That's how it works, okay?!
So, how was your week?