|Must work on my presentation skills!|
You'll need (serves around 4 people):
- 100g (ish) chopped bacon
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g grated mature Cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 6tbsp milk
- 2tbsp fresh parsley leaves
1. Fry the bacon until crisp and golden and leave on a plate to cool. I found Fry Light worked best for the frying to stop it becoming greasy.
2. Mix together the flour, cheese and parsley and make a well in the centre of the bowl. Add the eggs and beat with a wooden spoon, and gradually add the milk. The batter should be quite thick, so if it's not holding together properly just add a little more flour to the mix.
3. Heat some oil in a pan, drop in large spoonfuls of the batter and cook until the cakes firm around the edges. Then flip them over until they're a lovely golden brown colour.
And you're done! You can serve them with poached eggs, but I'd rather boil my face than eat eggs so I had sausages instead. The perfect indulgent breakfast/brunch!