52 Lists / 03

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Today's theme for the 52 lists project is Things to Do on a Rainy Day, but as sod's law would have it today is a gloriously sunny day. For me rainy days are the perfect excuse to stay at home and do all the lazy things I'd normally feel guilty about, so after weeks of complaining about the weather writing this list has actually made me feel a bit put out that I feel obliged to get off the sofa and make the most of the sun. If the sun isn't out where you are, here are my favourite ways to while away a rainy afternoon.
 photo tumblr_mzie4kQ2U01sq74x6o1_500_zpsab9b6567.jpg
Source unknown. Contact for credit/removal.
01. Listen to a really good album. Two of my favourites on a rainy day are The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man on Earth and High Violet by The National.

02. Try out a new recipe. Cakes are perfect on rainy days (and also on all other days) and I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to try out this White Chocolate Malt Cake.

03. Sell all your unwanted clothes on eBay or bag them up to take to the charity shop. Clearing out my wardrobe always makes me feel organised and refreshed.

04. Watch a heartwarming film. I love Fantastic Mr Fox and Whisper of the Heart.

05. Go for a walk. It will make your house seem even warmer and cosier when you get back.

06. Learn a new language. I'm learning French with the Duolingo app at the moment.

07. Get stuck into that book you've been meaning to read for ages. I'll forever recommend I Capture the Castle for rainy days, but you can also add me on Goodreads to see what else I'm reading.

08. Lose hours on Pinterest.

09. Put the kettle on, curl up somewhere warm and do absolutely nothing all day.

See my other lists here!

6 comments:

  1. There can't be many situations where a gloriously sunny day is classed as sod's law, but I know what you mean. I totally agree about clearing out clothes - I get pretty ruthless and get rid of anything I haven't worn in the last 12 months. It's therapeutic, until I find myself hunting for something I've gotten rid of a couple of weeks later :)

    Rach
    The Happy Chapess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I'm terrible for then going out and buying replacements!

      Delete
  2. I really do need to do the third one - I have started a pile of clothes to go to the charity shop (on a previous rainy day) but I lost the will and ended up doing number nine all day instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Capture The Castle is the perfect book for a rainy day, and I love The Wild Hunt too. Lovely list :)
    Kim x
    Life Lately

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a link to your blog so I can pop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...